torsdag 14 juli 2011

BBQ Chicken, Spinach & Walnut Pizza
















Pizza. So many say it, but I mean it...I could live off of it. Sweden has this incredible tradition, it's called fredagsmys. The actual translation might be something like "Friday Family Time". My translation is, "Pig-out it's Friday". To sum it up, Friday night is a time when families share quality time together. Everyone hits the movie store, stocks up on chips and candy and enjoys dinner in the style of tacos or pizza. This may sound like a normal day in the life of many Americans...but here it's a treat, and their much lesser obesity rate proves it. And though Sweden is great in many ways, I wouldn't name pizza as one of their strong suits. So lucky for me, I make my own. Last weeks "mys" menu featured a fav, that I recreated from a pizza place in the most fabulous town of Northampton, MA. BBQ chicken, spinach and walnuts...hell yes.

For the Crust:
1 cup lukewarm water
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tbl milk ( I use oat milk )
2 tbl olive oil
2 tbl honey
1 tsp dry active yeast
3 tbl ground flaxseed

To Do:
Whisk salt, honey and yeast into water, let sit for 5 mins.
Add milk, olive oil and flaxseed.
Stir in flour, using a spoon. Oil your hands and shape dough into ball. Cover and let rise 30 mins.

In the Meantime:
-Bake 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast at 350 for about 15 mins. Once cooked, shred with two forks and coat in your favorite BBQ sauce. ( I dig Sweet Baby Rays )
-Wash a generous amount fresh baby spinach (it shrinks down to nothing)
-Chop 3/4 cup walnuts, set aside.

-Oil a large pizza pan or cookie sheet and sprinkle with sesame seeds (to die for)
-Sprinkle risen dough with a little flour and punch down. Place dough on sheet and roll or press into place.
-Top with pizza sauce, your favorite shredded cheese, dried basil and oregano. Add spinach first, then chicken and top with walnuts.
-Bake at 450 between 15 and 20 mins.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar