lördag 5 november 2011

Natural vs Processed

 

The battle between fructose and sucrose. My mother and I nearly draw blood every time we touch upon the subject. So, what is the difference? How does your body seperate the two, and why is white sugar said to be the root of all evil? After visiting my hometown and introducing Siggy to the people, the place and my mothers absurd theories...I decided to take a deeper look. Without turning my little page into a science book, I'd like to share the result with you and more importantly...I'd like to prove my mother wrong on the world wide web. So the verdict? Good old white sugar, raises your insulin 3 times as much as the natural sugars found in fruits and veggies. What does that mean? Elevated levels of insulin, send the sugar that you do not quickly burn off, into your fat storage cells where it is converted into stored body fat. In short, the body is smart...it knows when you treat it like shit, and will turn your ass into jell-o for doing so.

Will I never enjoy another pint of Ben & Jerry's? Of course I will, and Lord knows I can't keep my mother from feeding Halloween Oreo's to Siggy. But I can continue to keep white sugar out of my cupboards, think about what goes into my body, and have the knowledge to back me up when I fight Mommy Dearest.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar