lördag 17 december 2011

Höstig Pasta Salad
















The Swedish language, is amazing. They take any old word and turn it into an adjective. Like Höst, meaning Fall, for instance. When wanting to describle something "fall like" they simply add the equivalent to our "y" and suddenly have, "fally"...? Personally, I think it stems from lack of creativity. But whatever the case, I dig it. It makes for a lesser vocabulary, and in turn a more quiet type of folk.

Being your typical loud American, it took a while to find that balance, between silent Swede and big mouth. I found that balance through cooking. While cooking, I keep quiet and when finished, I get to write about it...which is my silent form of flapping my gums.

NEEDS:
-1 package whole wheat, spiral pasta, cooked, drained and set aside.
-1 large sweet potato, peeled, chopped and steamed until barely tender (about 10 mins)
-2 large red beets, peeled, chopped and steamed
-1 large yellow pepper, washed and chopped
-Few handfuls of fresh, mixed greens, washed
-1 tbl olive oil, S&P to taste

To Do:
Cook it all up throw into a big pretty bowl and toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Voilá!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar