torsdag 14 juli 2011

Ginger Lemonade



I don't have some cutesy little story to accompany this beverage. I love lemonade. Swedes don't seem to know it exists, which is nothing less than sad in my book. I crave it when the heat hits, and because I can't find it at our local grocer...I made some myself. I happened to have a hunk of ginger in the fridge and remembered a ginger-lemonade I tried on Maui. It was throat burning strong, but the idea was right, so giving it a go seemed the thing to do.

Needs:
8 cups water
3/4 cup raw sugar
5 lemons
1 lime
2 heaping tbl fresh grated ginger

To Do:
Add sugar to water and bring to a boil. Stir well, making sure sugar is fully dissolved. Let cool.
Press lemons a lime. Add to sugar water.
Take your freshly grated ginger and squeeze the juice into lemon lime mixture. Toss the pulp.
Stir well. Serve with plenty of ice. Sip, sit back and relax.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar