tisdag 12 juli 2011

Wham, Scam, Thank You Ma'am...


















Oh, the thrills of a world that moves all too fast with consequences a plenty. Joys are the ways of the web. Day by day I watch mankind become more disconnected. Doors are no longer held open, smiles no longer exchanged, parents don't interact with their children and dogs shit in the middle of the sidewalk while their owner scrolls his life away on his latest i-whatever. I complain, I despise it, but I'm a part of it. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've flipped someone the bird, made a loud fart noise after someone refused to acknowledge an act of kindness, or shook my head in disgust as I decide not to mind my own business. In moments like these, thoughts of building a lean-to in the middle of any unihabited area seems smart...but then something distracts me and I keep on. Today, I was greatly reminded of why the life of a recluse always sounds so nice. To make a long story short, I put my car up for sale and a good ol scam was underway. The "buyer" wanted me to send $600 to a "shipping co" in England, using phrases like "God will continue to bless you" and even having "PayPal" write explantory emails, to do so. Sadly enough, this came as no suprise. What is surprising however, is how utterly vulnerable it made me feel. I've canceled my email account, and have considered the witness protection program, if only they would take me. Visions of a stranger knocking on my door, as I'm alone with the baby are preventing me from sleep. And as I'm quite possibly overthinking this whole (everday in todays world) occurrence, I can't help but think...how the hell did we end up here and how do you build a lean-to?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar